Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Web server security?

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:33:04 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone on the list played with RSBAC (preferably) or SELinux and
Apache Web servers, and has any configurations they can share?  I think
I'm more interested in MAC compartments than RBAC, but if someone else has
done the major groundwork, I'd like to have a head start.

Also (or alternately) has anyone gotten a successful User Mode Linux (UML)
environment set up to host a Web server?  If performance is ok, that might
be a better alternative (I can just mount the whole thing read-only from
the server's perspective, and swap copies at will to do site updates...)

Thanks,

Paul