Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Certification (was Re:Vulnerability Response)

From: Vladimir Parkhaev <vladimir () arobas net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:19:42 -0400

Quoting Dave Piscitello (yodave () hargray com):
I strongly disagree. $consultant != 'expert'. Most of the consultants
out there have great PR and soft skills and limited technical skills.
There are soooo many clueless consultants out there, way more than
cluefull ones...

I hope the moderator will put this thread to bed, as it's degenerating
into digital racism. Once we begin blanket condemnation of any group
we aren't acting much like wizards...

Well, sorry Dave (and other cluefull consultants out there). I meant to
say that 'consultant' does not automaticaly imply 'expert'. It is kind
of tricky to express it in perl...

It was totaly wrong of me to say
$consultant != 'expert';
Since it produces
Argument "expert" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at line whatever.

None of the following describe the meaning correctly:
$consultant ne 'expert';
$consultant !~ /expert/;
perhaps the best is
($consultant && $cluefull)?  'expert' : undef;
but $cluefull is also seems to be undefined....

;)

--
.signature: No such file or directory