Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PIX with Public DMZ

From: Tony Mucker <Tony () tonymucker com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:10:35 -0700

Trying to get this figured out...

I have a PIX (ver 6.3) with three interfaces, outside, inside and DMZ. I have a routable Class C address space at my disposal, and I have it subnetted as a /25 (two networks, 0-127, and 128-254). The outside interface is .3, and the DMZ interface is .129. All inside -> outside traffic is fine (all inside hosts are PAT'ed through .2), and there are static mappings on the outside interface for hosts that need to be accessible from the Internet (DNS, mail, FTP etc).

Since the DMZ will have a routable address space, what commands do I need use to allow the DMZ servers to access the outside world without being NAT'ed? Is it a nat 0 ACL, or nat outside?

Also, in the near future, I'd like the DMZ interface on the PIX to accept incoming VPN connections, but that's something I'll worry about later.

Thanks
Tony