Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix - portmap translation creation failed

From: Joe Ippolito <joe () joesnet com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:09:23 -0800

This question is somewhat related but, on a different
scale.  I was reading "CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure PIX
Firewall Advanced (CSPFA) 2nd ed." and found this
under "FWSM and PIX Firewall Feature Comparison" (P792):

"Virtual private network (VPN) functionality (IPSec, Point-
to-Point Tunneling Protocol [PPTP] and Layer 2 Tunneling
Protocol [L2TP]) packets flowing across the firewall is not
supported."

I questioned a Cisco SE about it prior to our implementation
of the FWSM and he claimed that it was only for management
of another PIX through the FWSM.  This morning after last
Friday's implementation someone complained about not being
able to do PPTP in through the FWSM.

Anyone have any experience trying to get RAS VPN tunnels
through a Cisco FWSM?

Thanks,