Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Iptables /Router

From: Marek Pawinski <pawinski () webstorm co za>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:18:40 +0200

Hi

I previously had a network with one Mandrake box A as a internet gateway (ISDN) using internet connection sharing to some desktops B.

I now have a ADSL modem/router connected to the Mandrake box A and the router does the NAT and packet filtering.

I now notice that the internet connection seems to bypass box A and does not go through shorewall at all.

grc.com shows that my IP is that of the router been scanned.

So my question is how can i set this up so shorewall on box A as well as the router protect the network ?

Marek