Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Forward 2 networks

From: Rudi Starcevic <tech () wildcash com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:03:39 -0800

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

This post should have gone to a routing list but I did get some replies
both on and off list so I thought I'd reply via the list and end this thread.

As this is an abosolute basic routing query the answer is absolutely simple.

The goal is to have 2 private networks ( 2 NICs ) routed out on network ( 1 NIC )

I think the best answer is by example:

[ 1st network ]
ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.7
route add default gw 192.168.2.1

[ 2nd network ]
ifconfig eth1 192.168.3.7

# ENABLE FORWARDING / NAT / MASQUERADING

# MASQUERADING / NAT
# postrouting rule (NAT)
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

# enable ftp NAT
modprobe ip_nat_ftp

This work just fine.
The next task will be to set the default policy to DROP. It is currently
set to ACCEPT.

Sorry to bother you with such simple and wrong subject posts.
Many thanks for the replies.

Regards Rudi