Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Source of T/TCP traffic

From: <lordchariot () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:34:53 -0400

Is this incoming traffic to your web server from the internet?
I was just speaking to a wireless provider who was describing some of
the methods they are trying to implement to increase performance for
their wireless clients. It involves putting a device in-line on their
side that does some sort of optimization and/or compression, but he
wasn't sure exactly what it did.
Perhaps something like this is occuring. Can you trace the source to any
particular ISP or carrier?
Erik