Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PIX 6.33 & DNS fixup

From: "Strydom, Willie" <WStrydom () fnb co za>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:14:05 +0200

Hi All,

I see the PIX 6.33 has a DNS fixup, my conn count has gone through the roof!
mostly DNS traffic... Wonder if there is a connection...

I'm thinking that the "fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512" maybe leaves
the conn open for longer, so naturally there will be more conns.

Can anyone agree/disagree/explain?

Willie Strydom

Network Engineer (Security)
CCNA, CCSP, INFOSEC Professional
(Cisco Number csco10315544)
First National Bank
+27 11 889 5543

"Sure, I love children,
but I could never eat a whole one."

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.