Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC

From: "Scot Kreienkamp" <Scot () pc-sos net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:24:40 -0400

Sorry for the duplicate, hit send accidentally.

I'm reading the list on the archives, so somebody may have already
pointed this out.

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configura
tion_guide_chapter09186a0080172790.html#1076424

PIX Firewall Version 6.3 provides support for DHCP relay. The DHCP relay
agent provided helps dynamically assign IP addresses to hosts on the
inside interfaces of the PIX Firewall. When the DHCP relay agent
receives a request from a host on an inside interface, it forwards the
request to one of the specified DHCP servers on an outside interface.

If that's the case then could I forward the DHCP requests across the
IPSEC tunnel?

Scot Kreienkamp
Scot () PC-SOS net
Phone: 419-872-2500