Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Re: Wayyy too many spoofed packets

From: "Chris de Vidal" <chris () devidal tv>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:03:43 -0500 (EST)

Daniel Linder said:
Can you setup the iptables rules on the other machines to log
broadcasts from your "suspect" server and see if they see it coming in
at the same time too?  I would guess that your first server has Samba
running and sending SMB broadcasts to the network, and the iptables is
seeing the traffic.  Does the iptables log keep the MAC address?  Might
help you track it down.

Good ideas.  Nope, it does not show the MAC.

I suspect I'll have to wait 'til after Thanksgiving to work on this.. I
hoped to backend two PCs with a crossover and see what I see.

Thanks!
/dev/idal