Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Private IP going outside of the firewall

From: Ravi Kumar <ravivsn () roc co in>
Date: 24 Nov 2003 12:44:24 +0530

Hi,
 The router with firewall can understand the interfaces IPs and will
look into routing table before routing the packet and checks  spoofed
packets.

Just try out this;
ping -a 192.168.1.5
to know the host name. If its a windows machine it will give you the
hostname.

Another possibility could be spoofing of packets. If your firewall is
weak to detect spoofed packets then you better change Firewall :)

You can run tcpdump or ethereal to see the hardware address of the
192.168.1.5 machine.

What is the firewall box IP???

Hope this helps,
Best Regards,
Ravi Kumar CH.

iSecure- Firewall,VPN,L2Tp/IPSec,IIPS and more.,
Rendezvous On Chip (I) Pvt Ltd,
http://www.roc.co.in
Hyderbad
INDIA.