Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #1145 - 1 msg

From: ebanks () dhhs state nh us
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:47:37 -0500

Robert, in defense of PDM (at least the 3.x release), it's indispensible to
me in day to day maintenance of a PIX with a large configuration.  It's a
great way to edit access-lists, translation tables, and so on.  We have
hundreds of access-list rules on our border/extranet PIX.  Trying to deal
with large access lists, statics, NAT's, PAT's, static routes, and globals
at the CLI is awkward at best.  PDM is a good fit in that scenario, no
matter what its shortcomings may be in the initial setup process.

Best regards,

Ethan Banks

Message: 1