Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

VPN and new ISP

From: Richard Snow <rsnow () mountauburn org>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:58:26 -0500

Hello,

I have a remote office using an IPSEC VPN tunnel connecting
two LANs. The remote site is on a COMCAST cable modem.
I am transitioning my internet T1 at the main office to a new
provider (XO). The new T1 seems to run OK in general, but my
IPSEC tunnel drops every three minutes or so. I can put the same
equipment over on the old T1 and everything is fine.

My question is, assuming that traceroute shows nothing unusual,
what would your next step be in troubleshooting the issue -- and
demonstrating the problem to your provider?

TIA,

Rich