Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #978 - 1 msg

From: Mike Hoskins <mike () adept org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:11:21 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Strydom, Willie" <WStrydom () fnb co za>
Subject: RE: [fw-wiz] performance management on pix firewalls
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:52:41 +0200
I would like some ideas on how you get alerted to failovers. Greping thro=
ugh "debug" syslog is not really cool.

What do you use for monitoring in general?  Internally, we've stuck with
Big Brother because it's free and easily extensible.  Also becaue I'd been
in large shops before with HPOV installations that were a PITA...

It's the first Expect script I ever wrote, and as a result it's pretty
rough, but the link below gives an example of monitoring PIX failover
status using an Expect script that plugs into BB (email, pages, etc. can
then be sent based upon what the script returns):

http://www.adept.org/~mike/pub/stuff/fo.exp

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher () adept org>
To: spam-catcher () adept org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!