Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix to Pix VPN IPSec w/ PAT

From: "David Zbonski" <dzbonski () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:03:10 -0600

I know you can reserve static addresses to use, so that you can do PAT for other clients and still do IPSEC with a different address. You will need 2 (or more) IP addresses from your cable modem provider - which you should be able to get with a business class connection. You probably can PAT the IPSEC traffic - I know for sure that you can do it on a regular router with one public IP address by creating a loopback - I just don't know the exact commands to do it on a PIX. Do you have one or more IP addresses to work with?

David Zbonski
Zbonski Consulting
http://www.zbonski.com

Hey all.. newbie to the list here.. but I have a question for you all.

I've looked everywhere, and my cisco rep has yet to get back to me..

Is it possible to perform a CISCO pix501 to pix501 VPN w/ IPSec while still
utilizing PAT.  The scenario is = Business Cable Modem to Business Cable
Modem... thoughts?

Thanks a bunch,
Paul Matuszewski
Systems Administrator