Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix 6.22

From: Duncan Sharp <drsharp () pacbell net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:39:55 -0800

Roger Marquis wrote:

Zulu <zulu () thepub co za> wrote:
I'm new to the list and am surprised to see how many people use PIX
6.22 IOS as it is still early deployment [for almost a year already].

We migrated a number of PIX 506s to 622 several months ago.  Some
began experiencing random outages and undiagnosable slowdowns
immediately, others showed the same symptoms days or weeks later.
After a few of these we downgraded everything to 611, which has
been rock solid.

Roger;

    Ver. 6.1.1 (ED) is not available currently on CCO. But version
    6.1.4 (GD) is.

    I am using ver. 6.2.2 for a couple of months on my 501;
        a: No apparent problems.
        b: This is version used as basis for CSPFA 3.0 test.

Yours,
Duncan Sharp