Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Blocking Peer to peer tools

From: "Tim Chettle" <tim.chettle () orange net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:36:30 -0800

I have come across an application called E-donkey which is a Peer to peer
file sharing tool

In the past I have blocked similar tools by blocking access to the directory
servers that the software uses however this tool appear to replicate the
server lists to create a web affect.

Whilst at present looking at the server list hosted on the site there are a
list of IP Address' that I can block access to I am looking for a more
permanent solution that I could hopefully block at my web cache.

Anybody any experience / suggestions as to how to approach this and also
what other peer to peer tools do people block and how

Thanks Tim