Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PIX Logging Analysis

From: "Paul Stewart" <pauls () nexicom net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:17:46 -0500

HI everyone..

I'm new to the list and apologize if I'm asking a dumb question..:)

We are looking at deploying Cisco PIX 501's for some smaller customers
connected via DSL.  Their requests vary from wanting basic information
on what we are protecting them from using a PIX right up to one customer
who would like real-time or even within a few hours a listing of what
all their employees are doing on the Internet.

Hopefully someone will tell me that open source solutions exist for
Linux.. At least I can hope... At the moment I am syslogging everything
back via UDP but what exists to analyize this data?

What is everyone using for this purpose?  We may find that we will offer
them a managed firewall solution and they receive daily email notices on
what we have done for them?  I'm not sure of the best solution and am
open to ideas...:)

Thanks,

Paul Stewart