Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Nokia and Cluster for Checkpoint

From: "A. Louw" <alouw () ICTive com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:55:07 +0200

Hi,

I'd like some pointers on building up a cluster of firewalls (2 for =
starters) with four interfaces (all should be VRRP/HSRP alike) and a =
seperate management box on Nokia's.

The idea is to have (per box); 1 int     Bad Guys 1 int     DMZ 1 int
LAN 1 int     Management

The management should contain all synch traffic between the boxes
(pref. = in load balancing mode) and the other interfaces should have
as little = synch traffic as possible.

Now, setting up the Nokia cluster isn't that hard, the Checkpoint =
cluster itself isn't that hard, but where can I find info on the
traffic = generated by the clustering itself ? Can we force just to
use the = Management interface for all synch traffic and does a
failover (or down = situation) will occur when any of the interaces
will go down ?

T.i.a.

--- A. Louw louw () xs4all nl