Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VA vs PT tool

From: Gregory Austin <greg () austinconsulting com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:49:49 -0500

Simon,

You may want to take a look at the latest Information Security magazine (June). There is an article about a product called CORE IMPACT that purports to do what you're looking for. I personally have no experience with the product, and it didn't get an especially good review from the magazine, but if you're interested you can find the article on-line at:

     http://www.infosecuritymag.com/2003/jun/testcenter.shtml

Greg

However, a VA tool is limited, in that it only stops at the vulnerability.

I'm looking at a Pen Test tool that not only does the VA functionality but
also exploit the vulnerability thus
defining it as a real THREAT and not just a vulnerability.

Is there a widely accepted tool on the market right now ?