Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blocking Kazaa

From: Chris Lowth <chris () lowth com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:44:21 +0100

Hi

I have been reading the exchanges on "firewall wizards" about Kazaa blocking
with interest, and signed up to the list forthwith.

You may be interested in the open source "p2pwall" project on sourceforge. I
have a working FastTrack (Kazaa) blocker for a Linux firewall and am now
seeking alpha and beta testers. Its not production ready yet, but I need
people to help with testing it - therefore it cant be downloaded directly,
but I will send a copy to first few people who want to get involved.

You need Linux/IPtables knowledge to get involved at this stage.

The project web site is http://p2pwall.sourceforge.net

Follow the "ftwall" link, then the "download" section. This will result in an
e-mail being sent that will request that I send you a copy. I can use about
20 testers, so its first come first served.

All the best

Chris
--
From Chris Lowth