Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:32:43 -0400

If your users will be connecting back to your network via client VPN, then a Cisco 3000 series VPN Concentrator can
enforce that that (or another supported) stateful firewall be enabled on the client in order to successfully connect.
If you want a higher degree of control over these clients, look into ZoneLabs Integrity.  It can integrate with a Cisco
VPN Concentrator or  be a stand-alone solution.  It lets you create a policy for desktop firewalls, including what
applications are allowed to make outbound connections, and aggregates log data in a single location.  It can also be
configured so that users cannot disable it.  There are similar products available from other vendors, but I couldn't
tell you the specifics.  I do know that the new Cisco VPN Client supports Sygate Personal Firewall as well, so perhaps
the Sygate Secure Enterprise product is something you may wish to consider as well.

PaulM