Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Re: Anybody Recognize These Uploads?

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:03:08 -0500

Mike Hoskins wrote:
however, is that many of these can be made worse if the "bad admin"
problem exists.

_ANY_ of those problems are made worse in the presence of
any of the others. I'll spare you running through permutations
of my list because there are a lot of them, but, for example,
bad software is much worse in the presence of clueless users.
Clueless users are much worse in the presence of management
that "doesn't get it" - etc.

With regards to Internet security, there's enough blame to go
around that it's silly to single out a single target.

mjr.
---
Marcus J. Ranum                         http://www.ranum.com
Computer and Communications Security    mjr () ranum com