Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP aliasing behind a PIX

From: Don Owens <don () xlogistics com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 09:27:41 -0800

The problem has been resolved.  Thanks to Mike Scher for pointing me to
the "static" lines in the conf.  The intention was to map the entire
network behind the PIX (1-1 mapping, since the network is public), but
the entry had a netmask of 255.255.255.255 instead of 255.255.255.224.
Once I added a line with the correct netmask, the aliases began
working.  However, now I wonder why the main IP on each interface worked
in the first place ...

Don