Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

[fw-wiz]:blocking users from using internet, but only email

From: "Hilal Hussein" <hilalma () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 14:12:01 +0000

Dear Participants,

I am working in a company, in KSA, as customer serivce Incharge, i have some users using internet trhought my firewall as their gateway in their NIC configuration, and DNS is the DNS of the ISP, and at the same time , they are using our coorporate email sysem , throught our exchange server 2000, that is also connected the internet, since we are getting and sending emails to the outside.

Now, i have two questions :

Q1:
how can i block some users from access the internet, but still
access the email (not only internal, but also external: sending to
hotmail and other internet email system). ?

Q2: how can i block users from sending emails from microsoft outlook to the internet email systems like hotmail , and yahoo, .... ?
I am sorry if i am not clear, since i am not too much technical, even i
am trying from time to time to get some good technical information.

Sincerely yours,
Hilal Hussein