Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Webex and the like

From: Gene Yoo <gyoo () attbi com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:07:44 -0800

Steve Smith wrote:
I hope this subject hasn't been harped on too much - I just joined your
group.  Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to
security concerns.  As a firewall administrator, I had to block the IP
range of both sites.  We have taken a lot of slack about the Webex site, all
of them saying it is "so very safe, since
all traffic is originated inside, and the security very granular".  We even
have a vendor that states Webex is their only way of supporting their
product.  How does everyone else feel about/handle Webex andsimilar sites?

Thanks,
Steve Smith

unfortunately for me (since i work in a legal/government environment) they felt that almighty lawyers needed a medium to spend less money on travel and use the above. my hands are tied brother. they said that's why we hired you to keep the operation going... sigh
--
<<gyoo [at] attbi [dot] com>>