Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Testing fw for ftp vuln

From: Brian Hatch <firewall-wizards () ifokr org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:20:15 -0800

My toolbox has standard things like nmap, hping, etc.,
but I never collected a tool to test some of the fw
vulnerabilites to ftp exploits.  Thinks like getting a
PORT cmd (mis)interpretted by the f/w to get it to open a
port to a service on the ftp client machine.  I'm looking
at some new stateful f/w boxes and want to see if they
are vuln to these sorts of things.  Any tips on what tool
I should be looking for where?

Aside from netcat, of course, you could use
ftpd-ozone and ftp-ozone by Dug Song.  They
used to be at http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/
until it was censored, I'm sure they're on
packetstorm or somewhere else.

--
Brian Hatch                  "*Six*! Huh!"
   Systems and

Every message PGP signed