Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: tunnel vs open a hole

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

It seems that the real power holder in the whole debate is perhaps that
identity having been pointed to and referenced more frequently in recent
rants on coding styles and such;  the consumer.  On that bent, perhaps a
holding of breath for change to take place in forcing companies and their
coders and such to pay more attention to the details of secureity and
bounds checks and all, might well result in a number of purple heads/faces
blowing up under-pressure.  Afterall, we as a buying public still payout
large sums of cash yearly for SUV's that almost need a direct link to a
gas pump, roll over wiht slight twists of the steering mechanics to avoind
obsticles, and do extremely poorly in crash tests.  Even with seatbelts
and airbags installed, under federal regulations.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne