Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: stealth ports and IDS

From: Zen <zen () kill-9 it>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:06:26 +0200

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:29:21PM +1200, James X wrote:
address or stack. I do not know of a way of acheiving this using linux
or netBSD etc.. and without it I would feel rather vulnerable. To help

        You can ifconfig the interface giving 0.0.0.0 address.

mitigate it I am looking at hardware network taps (read only). These
could be the answere but are not that cheap (kind of the whole idea).

        Just crimp an ethernet cable with only the rx couple.

HTH,
--
My home isn't cluttered; it's "passage restrictive."
zen () kill-9 it . Geek . And proud of it .