Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Online (Searchable) Database

From: bmonkman () icsalabs com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:01:07 -0400

Thom Dyson suggested that support forums - official and unofficial -
for firewall products would be quite useful information to have in
this database we are working on. I have to admit that is not an idea
that had occurred to me - which is somewhat embarrassing given I used
to be support manager for a firewall company in a previous life.

Given what I think is an excellent idea - and given that we have to
start somewhere - here is a list of the companies that have firewalls
certified by ICSA Labs. If you have a favourite place you go to
obtain information on how to administer a firewall - be it a website,
e-mail list, newsgroup, etc. (official or unofficial) produced by one
of these companies could you please drop me an e-mail off-line and
provide me that information. I will compile this information and make
it publicly available. I will not wait until we have the database up
and running.

Additionally, if there are any products that are not represented on
the list below please drop me an e-mail about those as well -
commercial or open source.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

- ---
3Com Corporation
Allied Telesyn International
Avaya, Inc.
BorderWare Technologies Inc.
Check Point Software
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Computer Associates International
CoSine Communications
CyberGuard Corporation
Efficient Networks, Inc.
Elron Software
eSoft
Filanet Corporation
Global Technology Associates, Inc.
Intoto, Inc.
Linux Security
Lucent Technologies
Microsoft Corporation
NETASQ
NetScreen Technologies
NetWolves Technologies
Nokia
Nortel Networks
Novell
SECUi.COM
Secure Computing
ServGate Technologies
SLMsoft
SonicWALL, Inc.
Stonesoft Corporation
Symantec Corporation
UniSoft Co., Ltd.
V-One Corporation
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
ZyXEL Communications Corporation

Brian Monkman
Firewall Programs Manager
ICSA Labs
1000 Bent Creek Blvd., Suite 200
Mechanicsburg PA 17050
Phone:717.790.8141  Fax:717.790.8170
www.icsalabs.com
PGP Key ID: 0x7E54D5CD

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.