Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: regarding spam...

From: Jubilation T Cornpone <j_t_cornpone () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:49:14 -0600

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:45:01 -0500, "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr com>
wrote:

So, a side effect of this approach is a 'web of trust' with
respect to noise email. :) Suppose I tell the mail system
"I trust Dodge Mumford's judgement regarding what is spam"
then my mail system will automatically move into my spam
folder all emails that Dodge moves into his spam folder.
We might choose to look out for eachother in a reflexive
relationship, or we might choose to additionally trust an
outside source, etc, etc.

This is kind of what brightmail.com does for $$$. The problem, as I
see it, is having the time to put eyeballs on the spam one receives.

You might want to look into rsync'ing (if you're running sendmail or
postfix) with Ben Grimm's spam list, which gets updated at least 48
times per day. See:

        http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist-usage.html

--
Jubilation T Cornpone