Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Ideas on identifying gateways

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:00:28 -0500

The IPSwitch WhatsUp Gold system does a good job for this.
It basically pings/traceroutes every IP in an address space and draws a
tree diagram of connectibility.
By probing like this at various points, you can determine a network
connectivity structure.
It can also probe on various ports (port 80 for example) to map versions
of software listening at those ports.

Bill Royds
Acting System Administrator,
Canadian Heritage Information Network
(819) 994-1200 X 239

Jeff Boles <bolesjb () yahoo com>
Sent by: firewall-wizards-admin () nfr com
03/14/02 10:53 AM