Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: String error

From: Tina Bird <tbird () precision-guesswork com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:36:11 -0600 (CST)

Hi there --

I'm guessing that "sys_message" usually indicates
something generated by the underlying host OS of
the FireWall-1, not the firewall software itself -
tho' how that manages to end up in the firewall log
I can't imagine.

Have you looked at the syslog or EventViewer data
for the time at which this message showed up, to
see if anything there helped explain things?

tbird

"I was being patient, but it took too long." -
                                Anya, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Log Analysis: http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html
VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html