Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewalls grace under pressure

From: "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist () ekahuna com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:00:23 -0800

As per this article:

I'd sure like to know what boxes they are using for firewalls.

Not passing traffic when under attack is one thing - spontaneous
resets is another.  I seem to recall seeing this with Netscreens in
the past, and Sonicwalls sometimes just lockup which require you to
reset them - with the same end result.  The problem with such
behaviour is that you can lose all logs of what was going on, leaving
you with little to track the problem down with. (unless you're
logging to an external syslog server, etc)

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist () ekahuna com