Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Messages

From: DS <redskins () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:03:46 -0500

Ohh I thought you had it hehe, but that is commented out :) Oh have recieved messages asking if I have the /var/log/messages file there before the service started, answer is yes. I just recently updated to RH 7.3 so I will see if I still get them on the console with the new OS.

Thx for everyones help so far.

Doc

Bill Royds wrote:

Real answer. IPtables logs using kernel (kern). You have kern.* going to console so that is why you get your messages on the console.