Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: concerning ~el8 / project mayhem

From: ark () eltex ru
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:19:14 +0400 (MSD)

I think of Project Mayhem as positive trend for IT security.

It's time to realize that there are things that are unknown to white hat
community and a security expert should _predict risks_ instead of using
traditional these days model "there is a bug recently discovered, we should
fix it". We should eliminate consequences of things unknown to us and we
should _really_ trust no one.

(for those who can read in Russian i wrote a posting in ru_hitech in
Livejournal some days ago)

YOU (Darren Reed) WROTE:

 In some email I received from R. DuFresne, sie wrote:
 [...]
 > It seems that the whitehat community is under a new attack, putting fear
 > into the souls of some reputed security experts...
 [...]

 Is it fear or just the rude wakeup that what you thought was private
 isn't really private at all ?  (And arguably never was...)

 Darren

--