Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall structure support

From: "C. K. Lung" <clung () abuse hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:53:52 -0400

It's hard to say -

A firewall administrator may have the following three functions -

1) Setting up, configuring, and maintaining
1.1) a firewall or firewalls
1.2) a VPN or VPNs
1.3) Clustering of firewalls

2) Managing (create, modify and delete) policies

3) Trouble-shooting

The more competent the firewall administrator is, the more firewalls and VPNs he/she could manage!

This is my 2 cents!