Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Fed Info Assurance Conference or CIS Conference?

From: "Ames, Neil" <NAmes () anteon com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:19:34 -0400

I live in the DC area and have the opportunity to pay my way to either the
Federal Information Assurance Conference or the Computer Security Institute
conference that are running simultaneously at the end of this month?  The
CSI conference costs about $1,250, including membership fee.  The Federal
conference costs about $500.  There are twelve tracks of info sessions at
the CSI conference and there are three tracks at the Fed conference.  I
can't tell from the brief information about the sessions which would be the
most valuable (judging books by their covers...).  There are still several
"To be determined" listings for speakers at the Fed conference, so I am wary
about the quality of some of them.  The list of sponsors is impressive for
both conferences, but more extensive for the CSI conference.  Does anyone
have the inside scoop on these conferences?  Also, why didn't they co-locate
them???

Thanks,

Fritz Ames