Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SSL banking connections out of the firms firewall

From: Henry Sieff <hsieff () orthodon com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:19:20 -0500

If its http over ssl, the firewall rules would be similar to http
except port 443 would replace 80. Now, as for security issues, the
main one I would be aware of is that the session will be encrypted
(obviously) so (unlike http) any content-based policy rules (ie no
active X content or js etc.) would be unenforceable on that session.

Henry