Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Re: CISCO Layer 3 switch

From: "Berny Stapleton" <ugo () optushome com au>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:10:07 +1100

If you are talking about the 2948G-L3 switches and similar this is
correct.

From the security features that I found, the only way to do any form of
ACL on it was via the Gigabit Ethernet Re-direct feature as you can't
put ACLs on the individual ports. You can only put ACLs on the Gig
interface (s).

The idea of this switch from what I could see was that it would have a
Gig interface to an upstream switch or internet provider, and the ports
would be connected to other equipment with small subnets or single
hosts. Namely to be used in internet hosting environments.

Berny

Curiousity was framed, ignorance killed the cat -- Author unknown