Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Secure logging architectures

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:35:05 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, JB wrote:

Anyone have a specific liking of, or recommendation for, some type of
centralized secure logging infrastructure?  I see lots of possible
mechanisms to implement with, running the gamut from some type of
transferring via secure copy protocol to Marcus's/NFR's Secure Log
Repository.  I am leaning toward a fairly locked down SSH mechanism at the
moment.  Anyone think highly of one thing or another, and for any particular
reason?

The discussion was had recently on the Loganalysis list.  You might check
the archives:
http://securityfocus.com/archive/116

                                        Ryan