Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: authentication

From: "Shaul Efraim" <shaul_efraim () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:29:21 +0200

Hi Art,

The scenario as you have described it is not so clear.

You can accomodate different authentication schemes with the software
you already have in hand.
Client Authentication allows to authenticate end nodes by username and
password and then authorize those to a specific application running on a
specific host in your corporate network. You can enhance that to include
encryption (SSL) or even enhance that enhancemnet by using Check Point
SecuRemote client software that ships for no additional cost with FireWall-1 /
VPN-1.

FW-1/VPN-1 4.1 allows to integrate additional Check Point product called
UserAuthority which can easily provide your end users / customers with single
sign-on capabilities (eliminate the application extra authorization challenge).

Please contact me if you have additional questions.

Shaul.