Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: [OT]Virus/File scanning on *nix servers

From: Michael Walter <walterm () Gliatech com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:13:04 -0500

I stand corrected, blocking of specific file attachments via interscan
viruswall requires emanager and is only available for solaris and nt
http://solutionbank.antivirus.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=60
84 for instructions or http://www.trend.com/products/isem/ for product info.
The solaris version blocks the entire message, while the nt version is able
to block the attachment specifically.  I have never had need to use the cvp
version, and asside from having to edit my intscan.ini file to force passive
ftp, I had no quirks in my deployment.

Thanks,

Michael J. Walter
rhce mcdba mcse+i a+