Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Personal Firewalls

From: "Talisker" <Talisker () networkintrusion co uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:41:49 -0000

Tony
Sorry I was late in on this one, I went down the road last year of trying to
identify every personal firewall, I found these
BlackIce Agent
BlackICE Defender
ConSeal
CyberArmor
Doorstop (Mac)
eSafe Desktop
F-Secure Distributed Firewall
Gnat Box Light
Hack Tracer
McAfee.com Personal Firewall (MFP)
NetBarrier (Mac)
Norton Personal Firewall 2000
PGP Desktop Security
Sphinx
Sybergen Secure Desktop
Sygate
Symantec Desktop Firewall 2.0
Tiny Personal Firewall
VirusMD
Zone Alarm
Zone Alarm Pro

I don't sell them, and quite frankly some of the above suck,  for Win32
Tiny, BlackICE and ZoneAlarm get my vote, details on all the above are on my
site including some reviews all under personal firewalls

Good Luck
And if it's not giving too much away let us know what you settle for and
more importantly why?

Andy
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk
Talisker's Network Security Tools List