Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: RE: Reversise Proxies?

From: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi () balabit hu>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:29:43 +0100

On the more general side, I have not done a market review for some time
- on the commercial side the air-gap appliance was touted as having a
similar set of functionality. The Novell NCS suite, and the MS ISA
products seem a little below the functionality barrier from what I've
seen. On the free software side, both apache, with mod_rewrite (already
mentioned) and squid (not mentioned so far) have the capability to
perform fine grained access checks. I'm not aware of any other free
software packages aimed at http reverse proxying, with the fine grained
control we're talking about.

Zorp is free (under the GPL) and can do fine-grained reverse proxying. It
even supports HTTP wrapped into SSL. It's an application level proxy
firewall suite, and is available at

http://www.balabit.hu/en/products/Zorp/

--
Bazsi