Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Cacheflow Appliance

From: Waggott Ian <Ian.Waggott () btcellnet net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:33:48 -0000

Hi folks,
Does anybody have any good or bad experiences with implementing and managing
the Cacheflow appliance. My company are considering using this product for
increased performance for outgoing Web based access. I have been sent the
details of a Security report carried out by Hiverworld, that suggested you
could run the Cacheflow in parallel to the your companies enterprise
Firewall. (i.e. by-passing the firewall)
The report suggests that because the Cacheflow OS is propriety and does not
allow inbound connection attempts. That it will "outscore" a Firewall in a
Security Penetration test.
I'm a bit uncomfortable with this approach, we have used  application
Firewall's for Internet & Mail access for several years.
Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Regards
Ian

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of
legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure, use, storage or copying
of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended
recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not
disclose the contents to another person, use, copy or store the
information in any medium.