Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: automated updating

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:30:51 -0500 (EST)

Most these scanners allow one to grab the updates and store them to
another internal secured server for doing updates from.  Works for lusers
as well as the fw/internal servers.

thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, sh lee wrote:

I have a virus scanner in my web server in the DMZ which
requires automated updating using ftp to the vendor's
server. I know there is a risk if I opened the FTP service
at the FW but what's the other alternative then ?

Currently, I am updating the virus signature manually.

Pls. advise.

Lee

--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!