Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Licencing probs

From: Lee Armstrong <lea () darklyte freeserve co uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:18:07 +0000

Hi there,

        I fogot to mention that this is under NT - However these commands seem to
work !

fw tab -t host_table -s

HOST                            NAME                    ID      VALS
localhost                       host_table              8185    3

The entry under # vals corresponds to the number of
hosts it has counted. You can see what IP's are currently being counted

Three then....This 'sounds' good - But since i only have an external
connection linked atm, its probably whats expected.

against your license by issuing the following command:

fw lichosts

This shows a couple of IP addresses, but nothing un-expected.

My external.if is set to 'N1001' which is the external card from ipconfig,
the other is 'N1002' which is the one curently not even pluged into the
network !

You will have to reset FireWall-1 in regards to the IP
addresses that it has erroneously logged as internal. Remove the
$FWDIR/database/fwd.h and $FWDIR/database/fwd.hosts
files and restart FireWall-1.

I've tried stopping and starting and these logs stay deleted. Restarting
the machine recreates them and from above they apear empty, but i still get
the message "FW1: FW-1: only 50 internal hosts allowed " in the event log !!!

Any ideas ???

Thanks,
                Lee