Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Next Generation Security Architecture

From: "bacano" <bacano () esoterica pt>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:20:54 -0000

Hi2all

My first mail here, so any flames are wellcome for I can learn something
with it =;o)

Lance wrote:
My experience tells me that for effective security, risk must be mitigated
at all layers of an organization, from physical, application, networking,
social engineering etc.  Any weakeness in any layer exposes an
organization
to risk.  I personally do not see how a 'single' solution can touch all
of the layers invovled.

But assuming that this was possible and somebody here get rich with a
patent, did anybody stop and think that in a all-in-one-solution, a
vulnerability may compromise the all system? all layers ... all whatever ...
I personally do not want to see a single solution ... on the other hand, may
be I want because it could simplify audits ...

I hope "Next Generation Security Architecture" will be smart enough to know
that if the 'target' can be only one thing, to shut it down may be one
'bullet'  is enough.

bullet = DoS, bug, virus, a missile, a radioactive pizza for the admin ...
whatever, like if the root cant be compromised, somebody will find a way to
compromise the seed :>

[  ]'s bacano