Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Authentication to ExtraNet services

From: "Paul Heber" <pheber () qantas com au>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:22:39 +1000

Why don't you look at products like.

Tivoli Policy Director
Securant Clear Trust

Or Many Products like this that allow Policy based Reverse Proxy Access.

Regards
Paul Heber

Ph:       (+612) 9691 4545
Mobile: (+614) 1231 0945
Fax:      (+612) 9691 4660

                    "Shaun Moran"

                    <Shaun () TheMorans Com        To:     <firewall-wizards () nfr com>

                    >                           cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     [fw-wiz] Authentication to ExtraNet services

                    firewall-wizards-adm

                    in () nfr com

                    16/02/01 07:17 PM

What are people doing about authentication of external users from the
Internet before being allowed access into an ExtraNet type system
(delivered
by a browser).

The application usually requires personalisation and therefore some form of
authentication itself but of course it would be really really nice to
authenticate the user on a more secure device even before a single packet
hits that oh so normally easilly crackable web server.

But of course - no one likes to authenticate twice.

Are there any products people are using - have used sucessfully - the only
one I know about is the Aventail ExtraWeb product but its unix only
availability affects its ability to be deployed into NT only shops.

Any thoughts - comments - views - abuse :-)

Ta - Shaun